Stuart from Strange Magic posted an article about GM merit badges to better identify a GM’s style and assist players in joining games during Constantcon. Now the majority of the players in my game are new to my style of GMing and I thought this was a good way to convey my style to them. So how do I think I stack up..
- Character Death can be a part of my games, especially when the PCs get in over their heads.
- There will be Player vs Player combat allowed in my games.
- I will Mirror back player ideas I think are interesting in the game.
- My games rely on a lot of Improvisation rather than pre-scripted content.
- I roll Dice in the open and don’t fudge the results in my games.
- My games include Disturbing content.
- I play By-The-Book and “rule-zero” is not being used to alter existing rules.
- My games are more of the Social, Fun and “Beer & Pretzels” style.
- Players in my game should be prepared to Run when the odds are against them.